Nestled in the heart of Niagara is the Town of Pelham, located geographically at the highest point in the region between the Niagara escarpment and the Welland River. The town encompasses the former small hamlets and villages of Effingham, Fenwick, Fonthill, North Pelham and Ridgeville.
Today, Pelham is a town of 17,000 people and has evolved from 1860s farmland to a locale popular with small and medium-sized business entrepreneurs.
The town offers a quality of life and standard of living unparalleled in Niagara, boasting a truly knowledge-based economy. There truly is a friendly, neighbour-helping-neighbour atmosphere that Pelham residents create and enjoy. Key industries include professional, scientific and technical services; construction; real estate and rental and leasing and agriculture.
Pelham has a number of private employers, including those in the service sector, in construction, real estate and financial services. Research and development continues to drive an emerging scientific and technical services industry in Pelham as the town's businesses strive to capitalize on the excitement of Niagara's economic transformation.
Pelham is characterized by an increasing number of traditional families who have embraced Pelham as a place where they can grow and prosper. Statistics indicate that while cost of living is comparatively higher than the rest of Niagara, close to 90 per cent of residents are college-educated professionals with considerable disposable income.
As the town works to diversify its industries, its beauty continues to charm visitors and residents alike as they discover the many attractions including a popular local Farmer's Market, numerous parks and trails and picturesque golf courses.
Visit our myPelham.com community website for more local information
Community Posts: Pelham
- John and I are proud Fenwick Residents and just because it's such a #Fenwicked place to live we're hosting the first ever FENWICK Fall Home Decorating CONTEST! Enter for a chance to WIN A $100 VISA Gift Card. HOW TO ENTER: 1. Decorate your home 2.Take a photo of your decorated home exterior view. 3. Submit your photo to: cathy@teambbca Continue ReadingRead More
- 'Need a New Beautiful Driveway' was the subject line of my email when I reached out to Fenwick-based landscaper, Rob Enter - and as you can see he sure knows how to deliver! We first met Rob at the 'Bunglaows at Lookout Point', the new homes site that we are marketing in Fonthill for Langendoen Homes. Earlier this summer we Continue ReadingRead More
- What a clever way to extend your outdoor living space while creating ambiance and privacy for your hot tub. We spotted this eye catching feature wall during our travels #AroundPelham. Unfortunately this home is NOT on the market...but I am sure when the time comes this investment in outdoor home decor will certainly attract Buyers' interest!Read More
- Kelly Gruber attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Grand Opening of Accelerated Health & Wellness Centre . Very exciting news for those of Blue Jays fans who found themselves glued to the television set back in 1992 cheering on our World Champion Blue Jays! Patrick Maddalena and Mark Georgiev, owners of Accelerated Health & Wellness Centre invite the public to Continue ReadingRead More
- Pelham why do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love the fact that even though I once forgot my keys in my car in the driveway overnight, it was still there in the morning. Whenever I have told this story to my real estate clients who are accustomed to the culture of more urbanized areas they have all responded by looking Continue ReadingRead More
- As real estate professionals, it our primary goal to provide our clients with the most thorough information possible when it comes to finding a place to live. Each and every day John and I actively promote the value of our vibrant Niagara lifestyle and demonstrate our deep personal commitment to helping our local communities thrive. In 2009, we formed a joint Continue ReadingRead More